Tuesday, April 20, 2010

One!


My little angel is one! It is completely unbelievable how fast this past year flew by and while I can't help but be a little sad that my "baby" is quickly becoming anything but a baby, I'm so excited for all the days, weeks, and years ahead that she can grow into a beautiful young lady. Aside from the nasty little case of separation anxiety we've been going through, Ellie has a wonderful personality and is the light of our little home. She absolutely adores her brothers and can't stop grinning when they enter the room or even when she sees a picture of them. They always return the favor with a quick hug or tickle - makes a mommy smile! At one year, Ellie:
  • weighs in at 18 lbs, 1 oz (5 - 10th%) and 28 3/4 inches long (40th%)
  • is crawling all over the place and is pulling up, but doesn't really act that interested in walking - she doesn't really need to when she has two big brothers to get her anything she could possibly want!
  • is quite a momma's girl - this is kinda new to me - I wasn't home the entire first year with either of the boys, so a longer-than-seems-normal separation anxiety phase is new, but we're working on it! If anyone wants to volunteer to keep a sweet, adorable little girl that might potentially fuss the entire time I'm gone, let me know! In all actuality, I think she's fine when I leave, she just fusses if I'm in the room and she's not with me - ugh!
  • is still learning to love new foods, and while she digs crunchy stuff - cheerios, goldfish, any kind of cracker - she's a little more apprehensive about things like chunk meat and veggies. She doesn't seem to be very picky though - a plus!
  • has an expanding vocabulary - she's started repeating things that we say and even said "my birthday?" on her birthday itself - so cute!
  • loves, loves, loves chocolate - that's my girl!
  • adores music of any kind - she dances when a good beat comes on, sings along with me when I sing to her, tries to play the piano ALL the time, and bops her head if she's in her car seat and can't shake her little hiney. I love this about her!
  • squeals, smiles, and crawls as fast as she can to her daddy as soon as he walks in the door - I tear up every time.
  • truly completes our family - you know that feeling where it's just right - yep, that's us.
I can never express how grateful I am for all of my children and for the most amazing husband that chose to create them with me. I am one proud mommy.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh she is so Beautiful Mandy. She looks so much like you. Isn't it fun to see brothers and sisters interact with each other! Happy Birthday little Ellie. They grow up so so fast. Marky loves Chocolate too!!!

Beth said...

She is seriously so precious! I can't believe its been a year! What a doll!

Unknown said...

I really enjoy seeing sweet Ellie every Wednesday. She's always so happy & smiley, and I'm so glad our girls will get to grow up together.
PS I LOVE your new blog heading/picture!!