Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ultrasound Number 1




Aaron and I got to see the baby today for the first time. He/she is doing very well with a whopping 176 beats per minute heartrate and a nice strong spine. Of course, that's all we could make out, but the technician and the doctor both said that everything looks great. A bonus - there's only one! My official 40-week due date is April 30th, but since we're trying to go for a size and labor closer to Sam's than Jack's (a.k.a. short and easy at two weeks early with a six pounder versus induced and hard at one week early with an injured eight pounder!), Dr. Callison marked me down for Wednesday, April 15th - that's two weeks and a day early, and on a Wednesday to make sure she's not out of the office or in surgery. If I don't go on my own by that day, she'll help me out! Man - do I love my doctor! A tax break on tax day - that's a happy thing!

4 comments:

Beth said...

YAY!!! 176 beats, whew, that sounds like a girl!!!

Cari said...

I am debating on whether to be induced again or not. My induced labor last time was SOOOO long that by the time Noah came I was too exhausted even to hold him. I didn't really "meet" him until he was already 5 hrs old. What to do, what to do!

I am so glad everything is going great with #3!

Becki said...

Wow, you got to plan her/his birthday early! That is so nice. Oh, and I love the pictures of your boys. You've got some really good ones on your blog. I hope you're feeling alright!

Debbie said...

Yay! I haven't had much time to do much blogging at all lately. I didn't know you were pregnant, too! I was "induced" with Taylor two weeks early, and everything went perfectly, so I'm hoping for the same this time. (I say "induced" because I was pretty much contracting regularly on my own; they just added some Pitocin and sped up the process a little). I hope you are feeling well!! Oh and I love the picture of Sam and Jack at the top of the page!