Thursday, January 22, 2009

Updates!

Thankfully, I seem to be able to control my diabetes with just my diet - no insulin necessary! That was a welcome relief. Unfortunately, even with my sugars balanced out, this little one is still measuring about four weeks ahead (30 1/2 weeks at my 26-week check-up). We'll have to keep a really close watch on her for the remainder of the time, but luckily I have my 3D/4D ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday, so hopefully we'll get some good pictures of the little (maybe I should say big) girl. In other news, while I'm able to keep my blood sugar balanced, that's about all. I took a nice little tumble in the driveway yesterday. The doctor monitored Ellie and me for about 30-45 minutes and gave me the all clear. Just a few scrapes and bruises and some whining on my part to accompany the soreness this morning. I'm so grateful that she's okay - maybe I should slow down?

3 comments:

Dawn, said...

Your pregger adventures are sounding VERY familiar. I took a good slip on a dryer sheet in our kitchen while pregnant with Ty. Thankfully he was just fine too. But I crept around like a granny with a broken tail bone for months afterwards. Savannah told ALL the neighbors that I 'broke my bum'!

Beth said...

Aww, I don't remember having any huge falls while I was pregnant, but I was SO clumsy. I got to where I couldn't eat or drink without spilling it all over me!

Cari said...

I took a really good spill in Noah's room (stupid toys!) when I was pregnant with Eden. I was bruised all down my left side. You'd think with all the other stuff we have to put up with when preggers that Heavenly Father could have at least thrown in some cat like reflexes. Heehee!