Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Days and Check-ups


In trying to yet again play catch-up, I thought I'd combine a few of the things we've been into the past few weeks! The boys had a fantastic first day of school - Sam is in 1st grade and is officially too old for Mommy to walk him to class - at least he let me get a pic at home before we left. Jack is in Pre-K and while we debated about whether to do a half-day or full-day, with Ellie at home and with Jack's high-energy personality, we figured the structure was better for both of us! We absolutely love his teacher (she was Sam's Pre-K teacher too) and he is truly thriving


Next up, Ellie officially turned 4 months old and had a fantastic check-up. She weighed 13 lbs, 1 1/2 oz (up to the 40th% from the 10th) and was 25 inches (up to the 75th% from the 10th) - that's four inches in two months! Her hemangioma is already fading and everything else checked out well - the doctor said she is absolutely perfect!

Along with that milestone came another one - solid food! We started out with some cereal, but
the doctor gave us the go ahead to start with 1st foods, so we're slowly introducing all the fun stuff - we've tried sweet potatoes, prunes, carrots, green beans, and bananas - so far so good! We also got a brand-new, girly girl high chair - thanks Grandma and Papa Coons!



4 comments:

Becki said...

Cute chair! I've said before and I'll say it again....Ellie is ADORABLE! I'm glad you're boys are liking hteir classes, it makes it easier to have them gone!

Beth said...

I can't believe Ellie is already 4 months! She's a doll!

Sandy said...

I always loved the first day of school! It just isn't the same now that most of the kids are in college, but I am glad they are going. Ellie is absolutely adorable, cute cute!!

Debbie said...

Ha! We really are posting about the same things ;-) Jared just asked me the other day how far apart the girls are, and I said only 2 or 3 weeks. Don't you just love having a sweet little girl?! She's a cutie!